Top Web Hosting Services
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFORMATION. (NOTE: there are affiliate referring links of mine. If you place an order, I will have a commission with no additional cost).
Can you imagine that someday you would have your website online? As far as I am concerned, it is nearly impossible. Watching something of my own online seems like a dream that has come true. It is amazing and unbelievable. Let me tell you more about it.
Millions of people have chosen WordPress to power his blog/website online. The reason is simple and clear. Here are more details:
- WordPress.org is an open source software and free for you to use.
- Many developers and software engineers work in this industry. It means you have more support in many ways.
- There are a lot of free plugins. You can add any useful function to make your blog/website work well.
- There are lots of free or paid WordPress themes to completely customize your blog You and to look professional.
- You can use Jetpack and Google Analytics to have your own blog statistics to analyze the data from your readers.
- Your domain name is independent and owned by you. You do not have to be worried about being informed that you have to move your blog because your blog platform is sold or merged with another company. You are in charge of your own blog without listening to anybody.
- The ultimate purpose for bloggers or website owners is to make money. This is the right place for you.
- You can use the Woocommerce plugin to have your own online store to sell your products.
- If you are a reporter, photographer or an expert in an industry, you can publish your articles and pictures exclusively to your readers.
There are so many advantages of starting your own business. To make your blog online, the first thing you should do is to find a good and reliable company to provide web hosting services to take care of your blog.
What are Web Hosting Services?
Website hosting services are places where to build your website. If you have a website online, you need web hosting services to make sure your site to run well. Therefore, your visitors can visit your website fluently.
Before you select a web hosting company for your own personal blog or website, you need to have an idea of what features and what services you need. Most web hosting companies have a basic plan for starters, a pro and premium plan for more advanced needs and features. Some companies would charge you for extra fees. Some would not. You need to compare and evaluate each service and cost they offer.
What is the goal of your website?
Different websites have different features and cost. Once you are sure about what kind of websites you would like to build, you would know more clearly about how to pick your hosting plan.
- What is the goal of your website? For fun or business?
- What kind of website would you like to create? A personal blog, a or maybe an online store?
For example, if you would like to have a personal blog like me, you can start with a basic plan. Then you would have more flexibilities to upgrade in the future.
How to choose the web hosting provider to meet your needs?
There are hundreds of thousands of web hosts providers out there for your business. With the help of the right web hosting, your blog has marched to success. Bluehost & SiteGround are top web hosting providers. Let’s find out more details to make the start-up process smooth and successful:
- Meet the WordPress minimum requirements including PHP version 7.2 or greater, MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater, and HTTPS support.
- org highly recommends.
- WordPress software 1-click setup would be much more considerate and convenient for users within minutes. You have nothing to worry about what to do next. It saves a lot of trouble and does not bother you at all.
Website Protection & Security
Whether you want to start a blog or make a website, protection & security are so essential that you should concern. As a starter to create your blog, you have no idea of how to protect your blog. The web hosting plays an important role to guard your blog to keep it safe like firewalls, your database and files backups. Nobody wants his blog or website to be attacked or be hijacked with malicious software. To avoid eternal damage, the web hosting provides protection is a “MUST” feature. If any major changes, they would notice you earlier.
- Daily website backups
- Firewall protection to block malicious bots and attackers.
- Malware scans and early warning systems
- SSL certificates help authenticate and encrypt your website data through your website to the server.
Website Uptime & Speed
Website uptime & speed are quite important especially when visitors are more impatient and have no time to waste. You have to make sure your website load fast and online which is good for SEO as well. If your blog is usually slow and downtime, your visitors are not willing to come back again. Make your blog fast with no problems at all.
- Content delivery network (CDN) which is optimized and powered by CloudFlare.
- Data center locations throughout the world.
- Solid state drives (SSD) to make your website speedy.
- Uninterruptible power supply
- HTTP/2 (HyperText Transfer Protocol) makes your website load much faster.
Customer Service & Support
When you get in touch with these whole new WordPress process for the first time, all you can think of is that calling for help. Every step and registration brings more questions. At this time, the web hosting providers offer 24-hours, 365 days a year service support which is much helpful and in time. Every blog or website would run 24-hours a day. If your website suddenly shuts down without knowing why, who can keep it away from the bad situation? A customer-oriented provider would give you a hand right away and know exactly what needs to be.
- Support channel includes phones, online chat, and support tickets.
- Almost none wait time
- Web experts of websites and blogs, speed and performance, traffic are there for you. They are all knowledgeable and have rich resources including articles and tutorial guides and frequently asked questions.
When you get touch with all these strange processes without knowing how to choose the web hosting provider, you would feel puzzled and frustrated. It would a great plus if the interface of the dashboard is user-friendly and easy to use. The web hosting plan starts at least a year. If it is too difficult to catch up, you would not want to use it for sure. Fortunately, these companies have thought about it in advance.
- Domain name registration
- A free trial and money back guarantee for 30 days
- Website building tools
- Website transfer / migration
Disk space and bandwidth
As a start, you can choose the basic plan for small disk space and bandwidth. As you have more visitors, you need to upgrade to bigger disk space and bandwidth. It would be better that the web hosting company has a pro or premium plans for you to upgrade. If your website has lots of pictures, graphics, posts, and traffic, you can pick pro or premium directly to save your time and trouble.
Operating system compatibility
When you are not sure about which operating system you would use or you are using another operating system rather than WordPress, it would be better that the web hosting companies are compatible for most of the popular operating system. You do not have to worry about switching to different operating systems or spending extra money.
After checking all these features, I believe that you have more confidence in Bluehost & SiteGround. They both power over millions of websites and offer WordPress-centric dashboards and tools along with 1-click installation. Their fast support team with WordPress expertise provide 24/7 support. If you are still searching for top hosting companies, you can be sure to find one here with these detailed guides.
I hope you like my article. Welcome to share with your friends and family. And let me know if there is any comment you would like to share with me. If you’d like to read this later, please save it to Pinterest.
If you would like to start a blog, I have an article about “How To Start A Blog” for the affordable price, starting less than 5usd per month for the blog hosting. FYI, if you would like to monetize your blog, the first thing you should do is to be self-hosted. This is very important for you if you would like to turn your blog traffic or knowledge to money. In the long term, you need to fully control your blog which is your business.
Here are more blogging-related posts you would like to know:
- 9 Benefits To Start A Blog
- 5 Tips to Boost Blog Topic and Make A Pop Blog
- 8 Steps To Start A WordPress Blog
- How To Start A Blog On Bluehost
- How To Start A Blog On Siteground
- Best Free WordPress Plugins
- WPForms vs Contact Form 7 Side–by–Side Review
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – Which fits me?
- Three Steps To Find The Best WordPress Plugin
- How Much Does It Cost To Build A Website?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Blogging
- Simple Ways To Increase Blog Traffic
- 15 Top Tips About Blogging
- 10 Reasons You Need a WordPress Survey with WPForms
- 13 Ways To Make Money Blogging
- Why & How to Skip Google Forms and Use WPForms Instead?