Three yummy ways to cook fresh Purple Basi – Purple Basil Omelet, Pesto and Pasta Salad
In one of my frequent organic store Healthy Food Color, a variety of fresh produce are provided. It is appreciated that someone has taken the extra step to produce fresh Purple Basil, or some call it Thai Basil, that is so fragrant and delicate. The purple basil is widely used in Taiwan mainly as a condiment to go with fried chicken or stir fry clams. Years ago I took a cooking lessor after the purchase of Vita-Mix blender, the instructor shows us to use the blender to make pesto and remind us not to waste the residue inside the blender cup by adding vinegar and water into a dressing. So that is the two ways of preserving a delicate herb. The cooking method I like the most is to make it into an omelet, as it brings back the memory of picking fresh from the backyard when we live in the suburb of Taipei. Mom would turn it into a dish of egg stir fry in minutes. Of course, at that time the eggs came from the chicken mom raised.
For preparation, pick the leaves from the stalks, wash and spin dry, or use a kitchen towel to remove as much moisture as possible. It takes time, hangs in there.
Preparation 40 minutes
Overall cooking time: 4 minutes
Skill level: Easy
Purple Basil Omelet
Free Range Eggs 3 large
Purple Basil 1/4 cup finely chopped
Black Pepper 1/4t
Rice Bran Oil 1T
- Heat a heavy pan on high heat, add the oil.
- Take a medium bowl, mix all remaining ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, fold it into an omelet and remove from pan, about 3 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and arrange as shown in the picture.
Purple Basil 1 cup finely chopped
Garlic 1 clove
Cheddar Cheese 50 g, shaved
Black Pepper 1/2t
Olive Oil 3T
- Put all ingredients into a blender. Blend until it forms a paste.
- Pour into a glass jar. Keep in a refrigerator for a week.
- It can be used as a paste on top of buffalo mozzarella cheese and tomato slices.
Lemon Basil Dressing
Lemon 1 zest and juice
Organic Apple Vinegar 1 T
Cooked Pasta 4 servings
- Prepare the pasta of your choice.
- Add lemon, vinegar, and water into a blender. Blend till mixed.
- Pour over prepared pasta.
I hope you like my article. Welcome to share with your friends and family. And let me know if there is any comment you would like to share with me. If you’d like to read this later, please save it to Pinterest.
Here are more recipe posts you would like to know:
- Salmon Rice Balls With Apple Slices and Apple Vinegar
- Pot-au-feu(French Beef Stew)
- Cake Salé With Beetroot Mince
- Apfelkuchen (Berlin Apple Cake)
- Heirloom Carrot and Pork Stew
- Cadiz Tuna Stew– Spain And The New World
- Quick & Fresh Napoli Tomato Sauce
- Egg Plant Pasta With A Yogurt Sauce