How To Start A Blog On Bluehost
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
(NOTE: there are affiliate referring links of mine. If you place an order, I will have a commission with no additional cost.)
Now I would like to show you how to start your WordPress blog little by little by yourself. Writing a blog is what I love and improves my life and makes more friends. It has made me be seen and shared what I think is good or correct, even my mistakes, too. It also opens my eyes to explore the world. My working hours and location are flexible and changeable. I have more freedom to arrange my life and put everything in order.
Bluehost is one of the best web hosting providers in 2018 and powers over 2 million websites. The startup package is low and affordable. Through my referring link, you would get a free blog domain (a $10-20 value). There are several plans to choose from 12-months to 36-months. The longer plan you choose, the cheaper price you can get. By doing so, you can save yourself a lot of time and money. Just 10 minutes to go through the whole setup process with a minor cost.
Wait a minute! Isn’t there another platform to choose? Why do I need to have my own blog or website? I believe many people would ask themselves about it. Other platforms are so beautiful and ready for me to use. You would think that I do not want to do these difficult things. I felt the same thing in the beginning. After some research, my answer is
No! No! No!
Before we get started, I list some disadvantages of free blogging platforms that really strike me out and change my mind.
- A free blogging platform is literally set up in advance. The layout and style cannot match your needs completely.
- Among those bloggers, you are just one small blogger and may not be searched by search engines quickly and could not stand out easily.
- If you would like to put some advertisement or have a referring link on your blog, the blogging platform may not allow or agree with you with it. That could be a big problem to monetize your blog and limit your blog potential for growth. Even worse, the free blogging platform would put his advertisement for itself against your will.
Therefore, if you really want to make some money from your blog and want to turn it into your own business, you definitely need to think about the web hosting plan for sure and would be able to design your blog as you wish. The benefits of setting up a WordPress blog on Bluehost :
- Bluehost is an internationally well-known company and over two million users are its customers. Even WordPress itself and some bloggers recommend it as well.
- The startup plan is very low and affordable on Bluehost to make you easier to create a WordPress blog.
- You can get a domain for free on Bluehost. This is your blog address to your website such as www.google.com).
- You can be free to add any banners, referring links and advertisements to monetize your blog.
- Bluehost web hosting provides customer service and technical support for 24 hours a day whenever you need them.
- Bluehost offers a free trial for 30 days. If you don’t think it suitable for you, you can get a refund and have the money back.
- Having your own blog certainly shows more professionalism and authority to your readers, especially in your industry.
- WordPress One-click installer is so considerate and exactly prepared there for you to use. Just simply click it and WordPress blog would set up automatically.
- Bluehost offers a free SSL certificate to have more security to your website and renews automatically for free. Google especially regards the blog or website with SSL as safety.
Let’s get started on Bluehost and just follow what I show you below to go through this simple and quick process. (NOTE: there are affiliate referring links of mine. If you place an order, I will have a commission with no additional cost).
First Step: Select Your Plan
These images are from the Bluehost website to make you understand more easily
Click the button of “Get Started Now”. There are three web hosting plans for you to choose, from basic to prime and click the button of “Select”
Second Step: Choose & Register a Domain Name
Select your domain name and register it with a domain name registrar or through your web hosting provider.
To give your blog an address in google or internet, you would need to choose and register a domain name. It is unique and different from others so that your readers would not go to the wrong place online. Each domain name has an extension such as .CO, .COM, .NET. Here are tips to show you how to pick a domain:
- A good domain name such as often searched terms or keywords helps your readers connect you easily
- Make your domain name catchy or evocative to represent what you are trying to express
- Make your domain name memorable such as your name
- Your domain name is as short as 6 and 14 characters long
- No hyphens and numbers so as to avoid confusion
- No trademarked, copyrighted, or active domain to avoid potentially legal issue
Third Step: Create Your Account on Bluehost
Next you need to choose 12, 24 or 36 months of hosting and then simply type in your account and payment information. If you want any of the extras like domain privacy or site backup – it’s up to you – and then you put in your payment information and click submit.
Next just fill out your Password. It would protect your blog and offers more security. Remember to write down the username and password in case you forget about it.
Forth Step: Select A Theme
Launching a WordPress blog, you need to select a theme, a collection of templates and style sheets to help your blog look beautiful and attractive. You can use a free theme collection including hundreds of themes and would be find WordPress themes that fits your needs. Or you can try a random one and if it does not suit your needs, you can change another one. It is very flexible and all free. With a few clicks, you can always have the brand new look.
Fifth Step: WordPress One-click install
Yeah, you have come to the exciting part of installing WordPress on your blog. Bluehost makes it very easy to catch up and leads you to the right place to the cpanel where you can control your webhosting account. There you can see a message to install the WordPress for you blog.
In the beginning, click the blue Install WordPress icon for the one-click installer. Then click the Install button and your blog is born right away. Great! It is all set.
Launch Your Blog
Congratulation! You have your own WordPress blog. Good job!
Note: WordPress Dashboard
on the left-hand side, you can see a dashboard which includes the main function:
- Pages: edit and create new pages like homepage, about me, contact info
- Posts: edit and create new articles
- Media: edit and add an image
- Appearance / Widgets: edit and add items to your blog sidebar and footer.
I hope you like my article. Welcome to share with your friends and family. And let me know if there is any comment you would like to share with me. If you’d like to read this later, please save it to Pinterest.
Here are more blogging-related posts you would like to know:
- 9 Benefits To Start A Blog
- 5 Tips to Boost Blog Topic and Make A Pop Blog
- 8 Steps To Start A WordPress Blog
- How To Start A Blog On Siteground
- Best Free WordPress Plugin
- WPForms vs Contact Form 7 Side–by–Side Review
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – Which fits me?
- Three Steps To Find The Best WordPress Plugin
- How Much Does It Cost To Build A Website?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Blogging
- Top Web Hosting Services
- Simple Ways To Increase Blog Traffic
- 15 Top Tips About Blogging
- 10 Reasons You Need a WordPress Survey with WPForms
- 13 Ways To Make Money Blogging
- Why & How to Skip Google Forms and Use WPForms Instead?